Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Miss Kitty



“Miss Kitty”
Jennifer Leigh Moerschel

I have a little kitty
Who sits very very prettily,


Always in the nursery,
On the anniversary,
Of when she came to be with me.

She likes to play a game.
It is always quite the same.


She prowls around the house
As if looking for a mouse,
Or perhaps the mouse’s spouse.


Then she creeps and she crawls
And she slides along the walls.
She trips and almost falls.

Then I come to her rescue.
I come to her aide.
I ask her if she would like
A nice drink of lemonade.


She declines most politely,
Goes and sits down quietly


And says, “If you were of my kind of ilk,
You would have known to bring me milk!”

I obey her command,
Place her bowl of milk on a stand.


Then we snuggle up for a while
Just in our kind of style.


 “Happy Anniversary”, I say,
“Now wasn’t that a fun day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment