Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Garden





Twinkle twinkle little story how I love your tales of glory!  You are bright and you are fair.
You are crafted with great care. Twinkle twinkle bright and true, and may others learn from you!



“The Garden”
By Jennifer Leigh Moerschel
Said the clover to the daisy,

“Why are you yellow and I am green?
Why are you a kind of dull,
And I have a sheen?
Why do raindrops stick to you,
And slide off of me?”

Said the clover to the daisy,
“Why are you so yellow,
While I am green?”

Said the daisy to the dandelion,

“You are quite more beautiful than I.
You are light and wispy,
And when the wind blows,
How gracefully you fly!”

Said the daisy to the dandelion,
“You are quite more beautiful than I.”

Said the dandelion to the tulip,

 "You stand so straight and tall.
When I look at you I think,
I have no backbone at all.
Your colors are so bright and bold.
When I see you I feel a little old.”

Said the dandelion to the tulip,
“You stand so straight and tall.”

Said the Gardener to the garden,

“You are such a beautiful sight!
When you are put together
The painted canvas is just right.
How boring it would be if you were all the same!
How dull, how lifeless, how monotone,
We would need a different game!
How wonderful to see you creating a fragrant lovely way.
Your differences are what I love the best.
They bring me such pleasure each day!

Said the clover to the daisy,

“Come over and stand by me.
Our shapes and colors are quite unique,
And that is just the way it should be!”

No comments:

Post a Comment